[squeak-dev] Porting Monticello

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:18:09 UTC 2009

> I'm currently considering porting Monticello to Dolphin ... but where to
> start? Which version is the "latest" one ... where is it hosted?

Unfortunately Monticello 1 is not designed for portability, but
GemStone and recently also VisualWorks successfully ported Monticello
to their platform. I suggest that you ask them what was needed and how
they got started.

> Does it make sense to stick with 1.x or directly proceed to 2.x?

Monticello 1 has become pretty much of a standard in the Smalltalk
world. Monticello 2 has no users yet. It would certainly be easier to
port Monticello 2 as it has a separate platform layer.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch