[squeak-dev] Closure testers needed

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 16 13:19:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:28:34PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Folks -
>
> I have a closure version for the trunk that's ready for testing. Since
> converting an image to closures is tricky I would like a couple of
> people to give it a test run before I push it for real. I am interested
> in both positive feedback ("works for me") as well as negative feedback
> ("crashes, hangs, core-dumps when trying to load x,y,z") in particular
> if you use custom 3.10[.2] based images.

I seem to be getting stuck on the final recompile, see attached world.png.

This is 64-bit Linux, homebrew VM from latest VMMaker but platform sources
at Subversion 1985 (somewhat out of date). Perhaps someone can try one of
Bryce's 32-bit Linux VMs, which are known to work with Pharo images.

Unfortunately I'm just leaving on a tight schedule, and will have limited
or no internet access for a few days. Apologies for the hasty response.

Dave