[squeak-dev] Re: Cross fork development model

Tim Johnson tjohnson at iwu.edu
Thu Jul 16 15:06:37 UTC 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Keith Hodges wrote:

>> Yes, as a result of the hard work of one prima donna,
> Actually I merged the work of several contributors, and others have
> contributed. Merging forks is not being a pre-madonna, its clearing up
> other people's messes.
>> the latest MC is available across multiple Squeak versions.  Sorry, I
>> couldn't resist.  But, there is an element of truth in the jest...
>> how
>> does that constitute evidence that your process works, when similar
>> efforts by Andreas constitute evidence that his doesn't?
> If Andreas was to take the contributions of every version of MC
> that had
> ever existed and was to merge them all and then move things forward, I
> would be all for it. But I doubt he has time.

I'm not much use around here, but on this I can try to help.  I can
barely begin to compile a list of contributions of every version of
MC (Madonna Ciccone) that had ever existed, but I shall try:

In no particular order, Contributions of Every Version of MC (Madonna
Ciccone) that has ever existed

1.  Pop songs ("True Blue," "Holiday," etc.)
2.  Dance hits ("Into the Groove," "Vogue," "Ray of Light," etc.)
3.  Posters, magazine covers for teenagers
4.  Controversy
5.  Wholesome films
6.  Not-so-wholesome films
7.  Fashion
8.  Books
9.  Children
10.  Dance moves
11.  Gossip
12.  Increasing the public's awareness of obscure religions
13.  Charity work
14.  Women's rights
15.  Divorce settlements
16.  Business obligations
17.  More!

Whew!  I'm out of breath.  Madonna has contributed so much through
her many reformations and re-inventions.  It is hard work to compile
them all.  I am sure I left a few out!  If I need to post a .cs of
this somewhere please let me know.

HTH,
Tim