[squeak-dev] Nebraska-edc.15 in trunk unloadable

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jul 17 17:01:31 UTC 2009

On 17.07.2009, at 18:28, Ken Causey wrote:

> Edgar,
>
> I started up my trunk development image today and as usual started by
> checking for updates.  I had also done this yesterday.  The very first
> update it seems for me was your Nebraska-edc.15.  Loading this
> resulted
> in an emergency debugger with a DNU on WorldState>>remoteCanvasesDo:.
>
> Ken

He, maybe we need to invent methods to punish developers who break the
trunk in such a way ;)

But at least now that updating is possible again such problems will
not go unnoticed for long.

In any case a process where development slows down when nearing a
release would be in order, we might need feature freezes etc. Maybe we
simply set a release date now and then work towards it?

- Bert -