[squeak-dev] Re: Nebraska-edc.15 in trunk unloadable

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jul 17 23:32:22 UTC 2009

On 18.07.2009, at 00:19, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Andreas Raab wrote:
>> Overrides. Evil Overrides. I put in a version that puts wait back
>> where it belongs. Repeat after me: I shall not use overrides.
>
> Oh, and I am only just realizing how evil these overrides are. You
> can't really put the method back into its original category - even
> after loading the updated kernel package Semaphore>>wait is still in
> the override category and will surely cause problems somewhere down
> the road. Is there an "official" MC way of fixing this problem or
> will we have to do this via a doit (postscript or something)?

I think you would have to move it to *scripting first (without the
override) and then to kernel.

But actually the PackageInfo version seems to be buggy because it
simply assumes that when an override exists, the original method
belongs to the package in question. But in the #wait case, no such
method exists in the method history, presumably because sources were
condensed without the overrides fix.

- Bert -