[squeak-dev] Nebraska Connectivity

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Sat Jul 18 02:20:00 UTC 2009

I have been reading about Nebraska Server and comparing it to activity sharing in Sugar. The contexts I am planning for are A) students learning Squeak on everyday laptops in a small classroom with WiFi, and B) home schoolers working at home connected to the Internet. Assume for now A and B are the same group.

>From what I have read, Nebraska will work for A but is not well suited to B. Sugar's activity sharing will work in both situations, except it expects to find a school server (or at least a Jabber server). Regardless, Sugar's activity sharing takes place outside of EToys and we will not be using Sugar.

Does anyone have any experience using Nebraska across the Internet? As a group? Person to person?

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/