[squeak-dev] Re: Squeaksource data loss?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jul 18 20:37:19 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:
> Squeaksource crashed yesterday and I had to restart it. Unfortunately
> MCM files are not stored on the filesystem (support was added later
> and does not cleanly integrate into the persistency system), and thus
> are not persistent after a crash.

Thanks. I'm obviously quite upset about the data loss. I know this will
sound heretical, but in my experience Gemstone is a much superior
solution for anything that runs at that scale. Given the importance of
this service for the community, perhaps we should consider doing
something undogmatic occasionally?

Cheers,
   - Andreas