[squeak-dev] A license in method/comment stamps

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:53:32 UTC 2009

2009/7/23 Ian Trudel <ian.trudel at gmail.com>:
> Hello Igor,
>
> This idea is interesting. Would you describe a typical usage scenario?
> It could be all right as long as one doesn't have to retype (or being
> reminded) the license each and every time.

(for usage, please see my other replies).

> However, the new community development model manifesto has a section
> about the license. The trunk on the web has a link to this manifesto.
> There's so much one can do to protect himself. But when shall it stop?
>
> Even a pop-up Window stipulating that the upcoming commit would be
> under MIT license with an "I agree" button would probably not stand
> any better. A paranoid mind could easily think that a malicious person
> could as well insert proprietary code and commit. That would be no
> easier to determine this until it blows into our face.

Right. Actually everythig , including author initials is built on top
of a good will of one who filling/providing a correct & trustful
information.
So, i don't see how we could protect ourselves from malicious intents
in this regard.

If you think in that way, then maybe its not worth it at all.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.