[squeak-dev] Spell Check

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Wed Jul 29 08:32:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 23:23 +0200, Michael Rueger wrote:
> Gary Dunn wrote:
> > Is there a spell checker for text morphs? If not, has anyone tried
> > implementing aspell? (http:/aspell.net)
>
> You could check out the work done in Sophie :-)

Thanks! Great tip.

Sophie looks like it should play a key role in Open Slate, yet there are
aspects that bother me. One is the assumption that users will always
have a network connection. Another is that although it is written in
Squeak, the end user does not touch Squeak. They use a web browser, with
a plug-in. Squeak has no such animal, right? So while I applaud the use
of Squeak, I would prefer that Sophie be accessible from Squeak.

--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
osp at aloha.com
http://openslate.net/