[squeak-dev] Improved Truetype support

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:53:07 UTC 2009

Hello Andreas and all,
I have tried to manage multilanguagual keyboard input to work also.
The needed changes are taken from the current EToys image.
So, the Multilingual-Support-FromEToys package is in the
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/, for now it includes just Russian language
environment.

To have the Russian keyboard input working you need:

1. Update the image from trunk with the latest Andreas changes for
fonts, install font Arial, for example:

TTFileDescription installFamilyNamed: 'Arial'.

2. Load Multilingual-Support-FromEToys.mcz from the Inbox, like:
MczInstaller installStream:
  (HTTPSocket httpGet: '
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Multilingual-Support-FromEToys-sn.2.mcz' ).

3. Execute in the workspace:

EncodedCharSet initialize.
LanguageEnvironment resetKnownEnvironments.
Locale switchToID: (LocaleID isoLanguage: 'ru').

Thanks,
Nikolay Suslov