[squeak-dev] [ANN][Dev-Images] June 2009 versions

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:21:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Phil (list)<pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the generateImage() function you have 'cd *' which I believe is
> unnecessary and results in an error as there is no directory to cd into,
> we're already where we need to be (again, I believe)

I take great care that all zip files in the base/ directory have a
root directory, i.e., a base zip file do not contain top-level files,
only a directory with file in it.  In this case, the 'cd *' is
necessary. If your base zip files are not like this, you can remove it
but you will have other problems with the script which does other cd.
See the comment on top of the bash script.

> Then I ran into a problem getting squeak to load the script when invoked
> from the command line (but this may just be an OS X VM problem) so I
> manually invoke it

Don't know about this but it is strange that it does not work properly.

> and get an error on 'universe := Installer universe.' as
> Installer has no class method named universe.  It was shortly after I got
> this that I sent the email re: the image links so haven't bothered to try
> going any further but I would like to get it working.

This is also explained in the bash script: 'You have to install
Installer on it (in a version which is compatible with Universe)'.
Just update Installer and install Universe in your image (also
explained in the script).

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st