[squeak-dev] FileStream lack of binary support on microsoft windows.

Tim Patti timpatti at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 10:56:04 UTC 2009

HI all,

I have a code snippet that works on my mac but not on windows:

file := PluggableFileList getFile.
fileHandle := FileStream fileNamed: file name.
fileHandle binary.

I'm getting a debug window with MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>binary.

I've run into this before when porting C code to windows and have had to use the 'b' flag with fopen() on windows.

I have the book 'Squeak Open Personal Computing and Multimedia' and checked out the section on porting so I could see how fopen() was implemented but 'InterpeterSupportCode writeSupportFiles' doesn't work on my 3.10.2-7179 image.
 I'm interested in digging into this and would appreciate any pointers to get me moving in the right direction.

Tim Patti