[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Meeting Report for June 17, 2009

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jun 20 19:47:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:22:06PM -0500, Ken Causey wrote:

> I'm sure I must be misunderstanding your intent here.  The update stream
> continues to exist and was used for both 3.9 and 3.10.  Of course for
> the bulk of those two releases most of the updates triggered the
> download and installation of a mcz (sometimes a mcd), although late in
> 3.10 use of MC was dropped and standard updates were used again.

By "update stream" I mean an update stream exactly like what has been used
by Squeak Central and by other teams since then. I am not refering to the
various processes and tools that were used for 3.9 and beyond.

> It has not been used for 3.11 so far because the release team has been
> concentrating on infrastructure meant to increase automated testing and
> reduce the effort required to harvest changes.

Indeed. Good stuff I'm sure, but this is not the same thing as adhering
to a process that works well and that exists today.

Dave