[squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean)

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 17:05:30 UTC 2009

I like your ideas, Casimiro. And a lot of boring work, as you would
call, but I call it maintenance, has to be done. Internationalization
is among the point that prevents me to use Squeak.

There are also a lot of messy things in the official image combined
with the poor documentation, makes it challenging for new programmers;
as far as commercial support goes, one consideration is to hire people
that might not have experience with Squeak and has to learn... then
the training turns out to be expensive and long for a language known
to be simple and self documenting.

Ian.

--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/