[squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean)

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 18:10:54 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se>:

> I just want a Squeak that I can use and help improve and that has a
> reasonable commit process, some nice goals and a reasonable leadership. :)

Amen.

> I generally do not agree with those that think "corporate support" or "paid
> work" is the solution. Sorry, I just don't.
>
> I don't want a company deciding what happens with Squeak. Definitely not.

Göran, I do understand your concern about this. We should remember
that there is no ultimate solution. I think his idea was rather about
integrating this as part of a solution. Nothing to do with "a company
deciding on Squeak". Furthermore, ignoring companies and commercial
activities is also not a solution at all.

There is a huge difference between offering support to companies (and
asking support from them) and having them running Squeak Oversight
Board. I think we all agree the latter is undesirable and should not
happen.

Ian.

--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/