[squeak-dev] I18-23N [was: The future of Squeak & Pharo ... etc]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Jun 28 18:42:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:35:45 +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2009/6/28 Klaus D. Witzel :
>> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:05:30 +0200, Ian Trudel wrote:
>>
>>> I like your ideas, Casimiro. And a lot of boring work, as you would
>>> call, but I call it maintenance, has to be done. Internationalization
>>> is among the point that prevents me to use Squeak.
>>
>> Ian, would it be possible you send me a list of what things _you_ need
>> for
>> internationalization. That would be very interesting in a current
>> project.
>
> Oh, I forgot the usual things. Unicode normalization, collators, date,
> number and currency formatting, unicode regexes.

Don't get me wrong now: I know you're talking about your framework, can
you point me to more specific locations (release/version, class name,
method name) or so?

> Basically what ICU does.

Assume that some other project has something new (in a recent .image on a
Squeak VM).

How can your stuff be tested with it? Would it be necessary to refactor
your app, or can a project man like me do this and that, test this and
that (!) ?

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein