[squeak-dev] Re: Re: Sq font rendering [was: The future of Squeak & Pharo ... etc]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Jun 28 20:23:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:08:01 +0200, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> Am 28.06.2009 um 21:50 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:
>> BTW: Cuis has no WideString but will probably be the fastest of the
>> three.
> Sound great! Cuis looks very promising!
>
>> goals: render _every_ glyph that is in _any_ modern (Unicode) platform
>> font; make fonts offline and online usable, especially on small devices
>> if needed, on demand (by end user).
> Sounds cool. What do you mean by offline and online usable?

If a company/organization bought/licensed some special font, or the font
is in public domain, and you don't want to install it on every PC or every
device, then we can make it part of the Smalltalk .image file.

>> Have an application in mind which we can add for doing tests?
> I am thinking about a kind of a special purpose, offline replicating,
> non-web wiki, with something like CouchDB as the persistence layer.

If you would need support for any/mix of these scripts,

- http://unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/Blocks.txt

then our font/glyph support can be interesting for you.

>> "If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
>> Albert Einstein
> That quote probably fits my project. ;-)

:)

/Klaus