[squeak-dev] Merge mailing lists? (was The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 20:50:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com>wrote:

> Am 28.06.2009 um 22:09 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck:
>
>> Why don't you just subscribe to both mailing lists?
>>
> Well, when I find out I normally do. The problem is that sometimes I find
> out too late and then many interesting discussions happens without me and my
> valuable input. ;-)

Yes, it's true. But there is people that are in Pharo and don't want to be
in squeak, and viceversa. Perhaps another idea is to have another mailing
list, more general, where you can send things related ONLY with BOTH
projects.

> But it's a hassle. I need Apple Mail rules, I forget what e-mail-address or
> password I subscribed with, etc. Multiple mailing lists are confusing for
> newcomers as well. IMO it only makes sense for very high volume mailing
> lists. These times seem over.

Take also into account that Pharo mailing list is used for the development.
It is very high traffic.