[squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Jun 29 07:02:51 UTC 2009

The point is that, to me, this question of backward compatibility is not
theoritical. I do have a big amount of code and objects that I will just
have to reimplement if backward compatibility is broken. I mean months
of work, just to keep in sync with this kind of development. And if I
have to do that for each release, well then it would be much easier for
me to stay in 3.8 and maintain my own fork.

Stef