Amazing stuff (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Jun 29 10:17:40 UTC 2009

> Ripping out stuff breaking features for a million users is not. Now
> Pharo does not have millions of users to care about yet, they are making
> a new system with a different focus. Great for them. But this does not
> really apply to Squeak.

right. BTW I can see Pharo having exactly the same debate in a couple of
years ahead, especially if it tries to keep both its research-oriented
and professionnal-status aims at the same time. it will have its own
backward compatibility to maintain after a while; at the moment it's all
new and bright and pink... we all know how it goes.

Stef