Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Jun 29 22:46:47 UTC 2009

> People keep
> forking Squeak because the Squeak community is utterly directionless and
> resistant to change because that's the nature of any organization led by
> a committee elected by diverse groups of people who don't share a common
> goal.

On this I fully agree with you.

See my other post about this same subject: my opinion is that these
diverse groups should identify themselves and explicit their goals so
that their influence do not play in the background, but in full light.
Then we can find decision processes and make informed choices.

It's a sociological work we have to do. We must x-ray the community and
know what it is made of exactly. Give it some structure.

Easier said than done of course.

Stef