[squeak-dev] Re: Burn the Squeak Image! (Why I am running for board)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 11:37:09 UTC 2009

2009/3/1 Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:

>>> maybe a silly question (I have no idea of what is involved): would
>>> converting an image from the current format to the one your VM will
>>> require
>>> be an option ?
>>>
>> converting an object format does not makes objects behave differently ,
>> right?
>> Ask yourself, why you doing a lot of cleanup, throwing away obsolete
>> stuff and replacing with better one in Pharo, and why we coudn't do
>> much the same with VM? :)
>>
>>> Stef
>

> hum.. I guess I don't know what I am talking about. BTW, I am not the Stef
> working in Pharo, I'm another Stef :)

ah.. sorry :)
Changing the object formats alone does not gives any benefits. What is
the point in having new format when you keep using old semantic model
as before?
This is like swapping instance variables order in your class.. Apart
from a better aestetical view it gives you nothing :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.