[squeak-dev] re: Burn the Squeak Image! (Why Matthew is running for board)

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Mar 2 00:55:34 UTC 2009

Hi Eliot--

 > Craig, do you agree?

      Yes.

 > If so, how much of this do you have already?

      Well, you mentioned:

 > This image needs minimal scripting support to respond to command-line
 > bootstrap commands (including cross-platform stdin & stdout and a file
 > interface)...

      I do this through a web interface, which I prefer, but a module to
do this through command-line parameters, stdin, and files would be
straightforward.

 > ...a compiler with which to compile code...

      This is already a loadable thing, but I rarely load it because I
don't need the compiler to install compiled methods.

 > ...collections, magnitudes, exceptions (as necessary)...

      Yes.

 > a default error handler that dumps the stack to stdout and then
 > abort...

      Yes.

 > ...and that's about it.

      Okay, there you go.