[squeak-dev] FFI on linux

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Mar 2 16:47:18 UTC 2009

On 02.03.2009, at 17:19, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> Hi Bert,
> I've added:
>
> deb     http://ftp.squeak.org/debian/ stable main
> deb-src http://ftp.squeak.org/debian/ stable main
>
> sources (as says in http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3616)
> when you do so you'll see 'squeak-plugin' (without 's') package.
>
> I'm making
> SmalltalkImage current listBuiltInModules
> and none is FFI
> what can I do now I know is not installed?

That only means it is not built-in. It may still be installed - check
if there is a SqueakFFIPrims module in your VM directory. Or, after
you tried an FFI call, do

	Smalltalk listLoadedModules

which lists all the modules in use, both external and internal ones.

If you indeed do not have it, complain loudly on the bug tracker, and
then compile it yourself.

- Bert -