[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] A point a.k.a excuse to you

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Mar 3 10:22:54 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko pravi:

> Keithy, your description shows that Rio is a truly modular by design.
> I would really like to see more and more packages like that in
> Squeak/Pharo :
> - non obtrusive/intrusive
> - self sufficient
> - with well defined protocols interfacing with other players on field
> - easy to use
> - easy to extend
> - easy to plug-in/plug-out

Let me share an experience: A good school for both modularity but
specially self sufficience is to make your work portable to other
Smalltalks. In this case you'll soon find out, if your work really is
what you otherwise claim it is. I know that from my own experience, both
on Swazoo and Aida.

Best regards
Janko

--