[squeak-dev] dynamic GUI

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:13:26 UTC 2009

I have a GUI  a section of which is a morph containing various
GUI components, mainly buttons, radio buttons, and check boxes.
Currently all GUI components  associated with the section morph
are visible all the time even though only a subset of them
are in use at any given time.
The subset of components that are active at a given point is determined by a
menu selection made by the user.
The menu is attached to a button which is part of the section morph
itself though I don't think that matters.

How do I either:
    a)  Disable the GUI components that are unused at a given point.
    b)  (preferred) Redisplay the entire section morph.
          I know how to determine which GUI components should be
          selected for use when a new version of the morph is created
(obviously).
          What I don't know is how to remove the version of the
          morph being displayed from the screen and replace it on the
          screen with the new version which I just created.
          Note that in general some of the section's GUI components
          will remain active during the section morph replacement
          and these components will maintain their values and effects.
          Thus one possibility is to keep these components and just
          assign them to the replacement section morph.  I don't know
          what is involved in doing this or if it makes sense.

Not that b) is much like using tabs to select pages with one of the
differences being that the selection is made using a menu instead of tabs.

Sorry for not voting.
I tried a few minutes ago but got an error when I tried.
I assume that I missed the deadline.

Ralph Boland

--
When a woman becomes sexually aroused the necessary blood flows from her
heart.