[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Preference pragmas

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 16:16:22 UTC 2009

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> I trust you and your implementation should go to current .image ASAP.
> If at some point some guy of different secta come with a better code, we don
> reject for "heretic" =:)

To the contrary. Let's give collaboration a chance. It would be stupid
if we ended up with just enough difference to make us incompatible at
such a superficial level. At the very least we should be waiting for a
week or two to see if there's any reaction from the Pharo folks. Even if
there is no reaction we should try to make it compatible at the
interface (pragma) level. I'd be willing to do at least that but I'd
need to know what their pragma spec actually looks like (can anyone
subscribed to Pharo post an example or point me to ti?)

Cheers,
   - Andreas