[squeak-dev] Re: New Window VM (Closures, FT2Plugin, Large Cursors)

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Mar 7 09:04:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 08:38:32 +0100, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Folks -
>
> Since I was in VM building mode today I figured I might as well make a
> new Squeak VM.

Hey, great :) thank you.

> The downloads are in the usual places:
> http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.11.1-bin.zip

This VM also opens and runs Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic.image :) and fonts [I
have some exotic fonts in use] are rendered fine :)

> http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.11.1-src.zip
>
> A closure image (for those interested):
> http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/Squeak-3.10.2-Closures.zip
>
> Note that I consider this an "alpha" version since there is a goodly bit
> of new and untested stuff in it. I'm in particular interested in finding
> people to test large cursor support and the FT2Plugin.
>
> Feedback is highly welcome.

I can't see why but the 3.11.1 VM refuses to open
Squeak-3.10.2-Closures.image :( windoze (vista) pops up a small window
with Squeak! in title bar and message text "Could not open image file".
FWIW the .image file has 15.367 KB.

> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Thanks again !

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein