[squeak-dev] Re: New Window VM (Closures, FT2Plugin, Large Cursors)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:02:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:46:44 +0100, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>

>> Eliot (phone)
>>
>> On 7 Mar 2009, at 22:24, "Klaus D. Witzel" wrote:
>>
>>  On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:51:01 +0100, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Klaus,
>>>>

>>> Hi Eliot,
>>>
>>> great job, native closures-support was overdue and is appreciated by the
>>> Squeakers.
>>>

>> You're so welcome! I'm looking forward to the quality of the
>> implementation improving with wider usage. Lukas has already sent me a bug
>> report for which we have an acceptable fix.
>>

> You may perhaps also want to check the attachment from Mantis #7311 that I
> created a minute ago:
>
> - http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7311
>
> This .st has 61 tests which I've written for Marcus' NewCompiler project
> (testing sourceCode -> Parser -> nodes -> compiled method ->
> InstructionStream). Made a small change for adapting them to your passing
> EncoderForV3 to the parser. BTW: all green in the recent
> Squeak-3.10.2-Closures.image ;)

Cool!  But TBH let's add a little yellow:

testInlineBlockCollection1
| col |
col := OrderedCollection new.
1 to: 11 do: [ :each | col add: [ each ] ].
self assert: (col collect: [ :each | each value ]) asArray = (1 to: 11)
asArray

testInlineBlockCollection2
| col |
col := OrderedCollection new.
1 to: 11 do: [ :each | | i | i := each. col add: [ i ]. i := i + 1 ].
self assert: (col collect: [ :each | each value ]) asArray = (2 to: 12)
asArray

There's perhaps more to come, did a buch of tests for Igor's parser for