[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] New Window VM (Closures, FT2Plugin, Large Cursors)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 01:26:30 UTC 2009

John M McIntosh wrote:
> Well the 4.0.0beta1U macintosh squeak closure carbon VM *should* run
> on powerpc. I can't
> quite tell from the note if this is the case, but let me assume it
> does unless I hear otherwise?
Yes its fine, I had got the path to the vm wrong.

Closures LPF has arrived:

http://bob.warwick.st/release/Squeak3.10.2-closures-lpf
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/Squeak3.10.2-closures-lpf

I have been experimenting with recompiling existing packages with those
preferences disabled.

Installer passes
PackageInfo-Base passes

Monticello hits a problem, SyntaxError's are generated the resultant
situation does not appear to be debuggable. When the debugger refuses to
work, you have reached the limits of my expertise.

To reproduce, open the image, switch the preferences off, and using
Monticello Borwser select recompile package "Monticello.impl"

Keith