[squeak-dev] Class#category implementation

Thomas Kowark thomas.kowark at gmx.de
Tue Mar 10 15:34:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

Today I stumbled upon the implementation of the category method in
Class. It performs a lookup to check whether the name stored in the
instance variable is still correct. I have performed some tests,
changed the category names back and forth, and it always was correct.
So what is the purpose of this kind of implementation? When can a
category name change without the instance variable being set to the
same value?

I would be very thankful for any hints.

Kind regards,

Thomas