[squeak-dev] Re: Assignment operator: fix to makeArrows for 3.10.2

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:36:18 UTC 2009

> Hi Ralph Boland,

> Hanging on to underscores as assignments is not the way forward.

I will convert to  ':=' for assignment before release as I stated before.

> However if you want a strike font to show underscores as back
> arrows look at:

> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1619<http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1619>
> 0001619: [ENH] MakeArrows-sps (resent as change set)

Thanks.  I tried this and it works after I rewrote the makeArrows
method for  Squeak 3.10.2  as follows:

makeArrows
"
TextStyle default makeArrows.  Modified by Ralph Boland to deal with
StrikeFontSets.
Could be more object oriented but it'll do.
"
    fontArray do: [ :font |
            (font isKindOf: StrikeFont)
        ifTrue: [
            font makeAssignArrow;
                 makeReturnArrow.
            ]
        ifFalse: [(font isKindOf: StrikeFontSet)
            ifTrue:  [
                font fontArray do:  [:innerFont  |
                        (innerFont isKindOf: StrikeFont)
                    ifTrue:  [