[squeak-dev] Squeak users

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Mar 17 17:24:47 UTC 2009

Julian Fitzell pravi:

> As Bert says, the issue is not necessarily specific to a mailing list
> but a question of how resources are presented to different audiences.

This is the main point! There are different audiences and each of us
play different roles, once you are a mere end user of some code, but a
developer for some other. So this end user/developer distinction is
important, and on package level, not only in overall Squeak level.

This also means that the developers of some packages need to have in
mind the end user perspective, as they are also end users of some other
developer's work. Here I mean at least to tag versions of their
packages, some as stable/end user friendly, other as in development.

Squeak is weak currently in this basic distinction, but it would help
all of us, and to repeat: all developers are also end users!

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web