[squeak-dev] Squeak users

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:30:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 16:02 +0100, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>> Taking the Seaside mailing lists as an example just because I'm
>> familiar with the numbers, there are on the order of 1000 users on the
>> seaside list and only around 70 on the development list. The problems
>> we discuss on the development list are just not of interest to the
>> majority of Seaside users.
>>
> Hmmm, that's not true for me. I really would like to read the seaside
> dev mailing list. But I already have to many mailing lists to follow.
> I even unsubscribed from vm-dev to get a little bit of concentration.
> Mailing lists from type magma or ometa I can have dozens :) But the
> higher the volume the less lists I can mangle. That's all.

Well perhaps I should have said "of *enough* interest". I totally
understand what you are saying... I unsubscribed from squeak-dev for a
while a few years ago because the volume just got overwhelming and
none of it seemed to have any bearing on me. And if that's true for
me, it must be true for other less invested Squeak users.

Julian