[squeak-dev] GSOC 2009 not accepted

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 18 22:56:12 UTC 2009

On 18.03.2009, at 23:30, askoh wrote:

> I am sorry to report that GSOC reject our application this year. I
> am trying
> to get some feedback as to why we failed this year while being
> successful in
> the past two. I will also try to learn how we may improve our
> chances for
> future years.

Ah, too bad. Thanks for your efforts!

I heard that Google accepted fewer organizations than last year. For
example, OLPC did not get in either.

But SugarLabs made it, and Etoys/Squeak is part of Sugar. So if some
student would want to apply for that, to work on, say, building a
framework to develop Sugar activities in Squeak, I'd be all ears.

- Bert -