[squeak-dev] Re: problems with Windows 7 beta and Squeak-Etoys

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Mar 20 15:03:28 UTC 2009

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> So, Rita, here is what to do:
>
>   - Uninstall Etoys.
>   - Install Etoys via EtoysInstaller.exe.
>   - When the installer asks you to specify the directory to install,
>     specify something other location and make it not under C:\Program Files.
>   - Launch Etoys and see if it crashes.  This time, the crash.dmp will
>     be there.

Thanks Yoshiki! I did that and then tried to crash the VM again, but did
not succeed yet...
One thing I changed is that I copied the etoys.image file into the same
directory like the etoys.exe, because before I did that, when running
etoys.exe, I got the file browser to select an .image every time.

I will go on next week and try if I can reproduce the crash.

Rita

--
Rita Freudenberg
FIN-ISG