[squeak-dev] Re: Rewriting an Input/EventSensor code

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 21 03:43:09 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Recently , we discussed it with Andreas, and had an idea to integrate
> this with Announcement framework (and Announcement will become a core
> package).

Actually, Jecel propsed the combination.

> Here is my vision , how things should look like:

[... big snip ...]

> Michael, Andreas, i'd like to hear your comments and remarks, as well
> as any others are wellcome.

It's too much to do all that in one go around. What I would propose is
to start simple by having an event source which maps from raw event
buffers to some kind of (non-morphic) event objects and have InputSensor
be a client of that. I believe that is a straightforward extension of
the work that has already been done.

Cheers,
   - Andreas