[squeak-dev] Re: Rewriting an Input/EventSensor code

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Sat Mar 21 09:58:15 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Wait, i proposing nearly same: Have an event source which produces
> (non-morphic) event objects and InputSensor.
> I just want to know where Announcements takes part of it, or should be
> postpone that for a next step?

What I did while exploring an alternative UI framework was to use the
rewrite and add an Announcer as a second listener. "Interested parties"
could then subscribe to event announcements. The raw input events are
first converted to first class event objects before submitting them to
the announcer.
As discussed earlier this allows for having a completely separate UI
running without any overlaps to morphic. Tweak always had the problem of
still being tied into the morphic event processing, the combination of
the sensor rewrite and announcers avoid this.

I meant to make this stuff available a long time ago, partly as an
effort to try to avoid duplicate effort with the Alain's Miro framework,
but kept distracted by other things.
Will put it a bit higher on my list :-)

Michael