[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with cdelc and apicall

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 22:31:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Markus Fritsche <fritsche.markus at gmx.net>wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > People: I am having a problem with cdelc and apicall in windows with
> > SqueakDBX.
>
> Looks like you don't have FFI installed.

I feel like a stupid. I am one of the SqueakDBX author :)    But now I
remember I think you are right. This was in my computer at work (new work)
with a clean image and forgot to download FFI. So on Monday I will check
this.
I will add this to the wiki.

> Also, SqueakDBX does not come with the DLLs, you will have to build them
> yourself. I have prebuilt DLLs for Windows XP 32 Bit (only SQLite3 as
> backend) (they only work on Windows XP, on Vista they don't - no idea why
> yet).

This is a very good notice for us. Actually, you can compile openDBX by
yourself or by binaries. Last week I update the wiki and I explained that
here:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6129

We are very near (few weeks) to release the stable version of squeakDBX
using openDBX 1.4. In openDBX web page there are .deb for all backends, and
I also did it for postgresql, odbc and mssql. Then, this dll will be also
added in openDBX web page.

I couldn't compile sqlite3 on mingw in xp. I could do configure, make and
make install, but the dll was no generated.

Could you tell me how yo do all this ? I would be very helpful for me as I
am putting all the information on the wiki.

On the other hand, I would also like to do a SAR that automatically does
everything, but I have no idea how to do it. If someone want help, this is
appreciated.

Just of the record, are you using it just to test it or you want to use it
for a real purpose ?

Greetings,

Mariano