[squeak-dev] How do you start squeak so that the web plugin can be used view the screen?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Mar 22 22:02:15 UTC 2009

On 22.03.2009, at 16:15, Frank Church wrote:

> How do you start squeak so that the web plugin can be used view the
> screen?

Not sure what you mean. The web server serves a page with html code to
embed an object with the application/x-squeak-source MIME type, and
some parameters. The user's browser embeds the plugin, which in turn
starts Squeak, which loads the image and runs it. In the case of
Etoys, the image uses the passed arguments to download another file
(the Etoys project) and shows that.

> Does it allow user to interface it as normal, like the regular graphic
> browser, or is mainly for browsing objects?

That depends on the image that is installed. In the Etoys image we
hide the tools by default but you can still access them using Alt-
Shift-W.

Go to squeakland.org and download Etoys to try.

- Bert -