[squeak-dev] living in the stone age; change set migration tools anyone?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Mar 23 13:31:26 UTC 2009

Hi Eliot!

Eliot Miranda wrote:
> What I would like to do is serialize all my change sets, file-out all my
> changes (idelaly including history) and then in an up-to-date deserialise
> the change sets to preserve the structure, and selectively file-in those
> changes that are different to the up-o-date image (I haven't thought this
> last point through too carefully; presumably all the changes are in the
> up-to-date image, so what I really want to bring in somehow is the history).

Although I can not claim Deltastreams *currently* as being able to do
the above just - this is EXACTLY the kind of situations it is intended
to work with/for.

For example, Deltas are two-step - you first load them into the image,
analyze them etc, then apply what you want using SystemEditor which does
it atomically, etc.

So... anyone want to help out? :)

regards, Göran