[squeak-dev] How do you start squeak so that the web plugin can be used view the screen?

Frank Church vfclists at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:45:01 UTC 2009

On 23/03/2009, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
>  FC> Did I miss the plugin itself, the plugin link takes me to back to the
>  FC> downloads page. Is that download meant to be installed in the browser
>  FC> some how?
>
>  it seems you downloaded but didn't _run_ the installer. You can check
>  this by going to the Squeakland.org Website, Select "Tutorials", then
>  "Interactive Demos" and then one of the demos.
>
>  This should start the plugin which then loads and starts a project
>  from the net.
>
>  The installer should install a version on your disk which can also run
>  standalone. So you have both.
>
>  I don't know the technical details but this is how it should work.
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net

The download link leads to the EtoysInstaller.exe which I have
installed and I can download the .pr files and run them, but there is
no plugin for the browser.

When I switched to Internet Explorer the plugin downloaded, so I guess
it is not available for Netscape/Mozilla. I will see if it works after
I restart Firefox