[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] BobsBrowser again

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon May 4 13:50:52 UTC 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Stéphane,
>  BobsBrowser is an alternative browser, so isn't going to replace
> ever the traditional browser tools, but there are a couple of cool
> things about it:
>
> -You can use it to quickly survey class hierarchies
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/1999-April/001103.html

how is different from the package browser inheritance list?

> -IIRC the Whisker browser used his hierarchical list, but in Whiskler
> they are attached to a window while in BobsBrowser the lists are
> detached (although you do not have the multiple views in one window
> feature)
> -As an alternative way to navigate the entire system, and I
> particularly value the Driller (click in the "special items" (*) to
> open it).

What is a driller

> -If you are not super fan of classifications, you may find it more
> comfortable.

How different from smart group in the browser of david?

I would love to be able to script a browser (soon I hope that I will
be able to do that with glamour).
I would love to have a bit the whisker behavior to see multiple
methods at once.

Stef