[Etoys] [squeak-dev] Q: Contributing to Squeak

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Tue May 19 08:54:49 UTC 2009

Gary Dunn wrote:
> I am a big fan of FreeBSD and am running Squeak 3.9 on FreeBSD 7.1 and
> Gnome 2.4. Is there something else I need to learn about and develop
> Etoys? There is no Etoys port in the ports tree.

I don't know about the plugin issues that you mention below, but you
should just need to install lang/squeak, and download the Etoys image
from wherever, and run it.

That is, lang/squeak installs the VM (and a plain image).

The port's a bit dated, installing Squeak 3.9-7. If you want something
later than that, Takeshi MUTOH has a beta 3.10 port at
http://qml.610t.org/squeak/VM_test.html.

frank