[squeak-dev] Cuis updated to #0204

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu May 21 18:12:15 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

I've just updated Cuis to #0201. As usual, the files are at
www.jvuletich.org/Cuis . In addition to the recent enhancements on black
text over colored backgrounds, I also enhanced greatly colored text over
any backgrounds. Both do proper subpixel alpha blending now. I had to
come up with a few tricks for this to happen using just the old BitBlt
rules  :-)

There are also preferences to disable subpixel AA for colored and black
text. And they work reasonable well on all bit depths. Looks
surprisingly nice on 8 and 4bpp, and is usable even in 2 and 1 bpp.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich