[squeak-dev] Time zone help

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri May 29 03:27:17 UTC 2009

I have an app that needs to track a local time and the different from
UTC.  If I do this:

    DateAndTime localTimeZone:
       (TimeZone offset: -5 hours name: 'EST5EDT' abbreviation: 'EST5EDT').

Then it is easy for me to make conversions to UTC using #asUTC.  The
problem is this offset needs to be adjusted twice a year.  I've looked
at the time zone plugin but it seems pretty heavyweight for something
that is /almost/ workable in the image.  Does anyone have a solution for
this?

I'm using Squeak3.9.1 if it makes a difference.

David