[squeak-dev] Time zone help

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri May 29 16:01:41 UTC 2009

David T. Lewis wrote:

> Use TimeZoneDatabase. No plugin is required.
>   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1076
>
> Latest source is always here:
>   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1076

Thanks Dave.  I loaded the released version 1-2-5-dtl under Gentoo Linux
I end up in an endless stream of warnings "should be at end of stream"
during parsing of the time zone files.  Example stack trace attached.
Disabling the warning dialog gets me through to another warning "nil is
not a valid abbreviation for a time zone".  Stack trace attached.
Proceeding through that the load completes but I don't think my time
zones loaded properly:

  TimeZoneDatabase grepFor: 'Detroit'   ---> #()

I also tried New_York.  I verified that these files are in my
/usr/share/zoneinfo directory.  I seem to recall going through this
process before.  Is there a patch?

David