[squeak-dev] Teaching Recommendations

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Sat May 30 17:31:00 UTC 2009

Hello Gary,
  You may want to complement the usage of learning environments with
some material or ideas from the David Taylor's "Object Technology"
book (forget about the "Manager's Guide" part of the title, it is a
good reading for everyone involved in object technology).

http://www.amazon.com/Object-Technology-Managers-David-Taylor/dp/0201309947/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243701038&sr=1-1

  There is another useful lecture called "A Smalltalk for Students: A
giant step to studentkind"

http://homepages.ecs.vuw.ac.nz/~tk/publications/papers/smalltalk.pdf

  And a lot of resources for teaching, in the Pedagogical Patterns
Project site here:

http://www.pedagogicalpatterns.org/

  Finally, a "Recommendations for teachers" section is a must read,
the paper is called "An effective approach to learning
Object-Oriented" and it was written by two very experienced teachers
in object technology:

http://www.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/~casco/papers/ecoop98.html

Cheers,

Hernán