[squeak-dev] Time zone help

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat May 30 22:12:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 03:40:15PM -0400, C. David Shaffer wrote:
> David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> >I'm seeing the same thing on my system. I believe that the errors are in
> >my test code, which looks for DST transitions at certain times and dates.
> >The Michigan legislature changed the law about when daylight savings time
> >is in effect here, so my tests may be out of date. I'll check this also
> >when I get time.
> >

> That's reassuring.  I was concerned that it was the code itself.  I
> guess I'll know if it's working on Nov. 1 :-)

If you are watching this closely on Nov 1, then there is one more thing
I'll mention just FYI. The class TimeZoneDstTransitionWatcher maintains
a process that watches for DST transitions and makes sure Squeak
handles them correctly. Details are in the class comment, but I mention
it because the watcher process must be kept running. In other words, if
you notice that process in your process browser, don't kill it ;-)

Dave