[squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Nov 5 14:09:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 11:25:13PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> The discussion about Squeak Oversight Board Terms of Reference is now open.
>
> Please review the page on board's blog
> (http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/discussion-terms-of-reference/) is
> page and do not hesitate to take a part in discussion.
>
> With your help, let us define clearly what is the range of Board???s
> responsibilities, what decisions Board allowed to make and what is
> not. Where lies the end of Board???s power and starting power of Teams
> and/or individuals.

I am perfectly happy to have the board actually do what it was elected
to do, and I see no reason to inhibit the board from providing oversight
and taking action if needed. That includes invoking the SOGOTP clause
in the rare case of a previously chartered team blocking the overall
progress of the community while pursuing vaguely defined objectives
on an unspecified timeline.

Full credit to the board for facing the issue publicly, but I vote to
stop worrying about this and carry on with Squeaking.

Dave